TAKE A BREAK FROM COVID-19
PCM Update: RE-OPENING
Dear valued client,
The added safety precautions and protocols may seem excessive to some of our clientele. Due to the nature of our services and need to protect all, we ask for your patience and understanding.
The following information will hopefully clarify important changes to our business. We have necessary paperwork for anyone wanting to schedule an appointment. Limited openings will be available starting Monday, June 8th.
Our office will not provide treatment to a person with any of the following symptoms relative to the corona virus. A “No-contact” body temperature test for fever will be given at the front door.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19, get medical attention immediately.
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
We require all visitors to wear a mask before entering our facility. A face mask to cover the mouth and nose must be worn during your treatment. Our specialists will also wear protective facial covering that includes a face mask and goggles or a face mask and face shield. All specialists will continue to wear gloves during treatments. Hand washing, social distancing, and self-isolation are the best ways to prevent this virus from spreading more widely. We are committed to providing the best care for our clients and our staff.
Physician’s Choice Massage along with the Center for Disease Control isn’t able to know if someone is without symptoms, yet positive. The CDC does not have an effective treatment or vaccine and therefore no person is guaranteed total immunity from Covid-19.
PCM employees will impart a safe and careful approach crucial for favorable results. Risk potential is invisible, portable and without boundaries. It is important for employees and clients to acknowledge the potential and follow CDC guidelines in all situations at the work place, home and in the community.
How to ensure a safe and productive treatment:
Allow specialists additional time to clean, disinfect and sanitize the treatment rooms. (Please understand this will shorten the treatment time)’ PCM safeguards include careful measures to meet or exceed the CDC recommendations.
Bleach has always been used during all laundering and will continue.
Hot towels cabinets have UV sterilization.
Vinyl barriers layered with steamed towels for deep compression work (typical in PCM medical massage treatment) for no skin to skin contact during treatment.
The no-contact temperature test for fever will be administered to both employees and clients when entering our facility.
Treatment will be cancelled if my body temperature is at or above 99.1 degrees Fahrenheit.
Minimal contact for maximum peace of mind includes the following+.
- Water and snacks will not be served.
- No people in the waiting room.
- Friends or family members of a client are not able to come into the office.
- No staff in the waiting room.
- Credit card payments can be done over the phone or (as many of you already do) using your on-file, credit card. We want to eliminate clients passing cash tips to the specialists or front desk staff…again to the point of minimal contact, designed to safeguard all.
- Each person will wait in their vehicle and called in at your appointment time.
- No-contact temperature will be taken just prior to the specialist taking you to the treatment room.
- Restroom use will be available upon necessity only. The front desk will open the door upon request. The restroom will be cleaned/sanitized after every use.
- We ask that clients bring their own water bottle…Minimal contact
- No comforters available during treatments…an additional folded flat sheet will take the place of the comforter so all table linens are properly bleached.
- Our social distancing goal is 10-12’ during this time.
- Specialists will finish all communication, instruction and good-byes inside the treatment room.
- Specialists will take a rain check on hugs and collect when Covid-19 is treatable by immunization or curable.
- Vinyl is layered beneath the table linens to allow a “wash and sanitize surface” between treatments.
- PCM’S office was thoroughly cleaned, sanitized and or disinfected from ceiling to floor, wall to wall. The floors were steamed and walls painted to welcome us all back to a fresh start.
- Many items were removed and placed into storage to minimize unnecessariness.
- The office hours have changed. We will be closed on Mondays with the exception of Monday, June 8th. Specialists will be available on limited shifts as we resume business. Look for informational updates via email.
We have been working diligently to manage this difficult time. That’s something that all of us have in common. Many businesses and individuals have struggled to make ends meet, self-quarantine, buy or find necessary supplies, wear uncomfortable facial coverings, avoid appointments for self-care and some of us may know first hand of someone that has suffered with this disease. We all want a return to normal.
PCM along with other local businesses look forward to recovery. Many small businesses in our community have been closed for months. Rent and other business financial responsibilities did not go away. In fact, many costs have increased mostly due to demand. We unfortunately need to increase the cost of services to cover some of the increased necessary protective gear and sanitizers. One-hour treatments will increase by $6. 90-minute treatments will be an additional $5.
Physician’s Choice Massage
Current Contact information:
email: pcm@massagepcm. com
texting only number: (480) 442-8553
Buy Gift Certificates Online!
1840 E Warner Road Suite 101 Tempe, AZ 85284
(NE Corner of Warner and McClintock)
PCM on Channel 15 Sonoran Living
Successful Massage Treatment
Our objective is to relieve your discomfort permanently and as soon as possible so that you do not waste time and money on multiple massage treatments that only yield short-term results.
A Customized Approach
Our treatment plans are effective because we pay attention to the patient’s needs. The initial intake includes a comprehensive postural analysis that will help determine the correct treatment plan.
Our estheticians administer clinical methods to improve both the health and appearance of your skin. We use natural products that contain high grade and healthy ingredients. The pharmaceutical-grade products used in PCM’s skin care regime allow patients to see remarkable results.